Number plate size? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Number plate size?

G'Day all!
They have recently introduced a "Euro" style number plate down here, which looks quite good. It is apparently the same dimensions as the standard European number plate (520mm by 110mm). I've just measured up my 156 to see if they'll fit, and the flat area for the fornt plate is only 370mm wide, so there would be quite an overhang which may not look good, just wondering if you guys in Europe get bigger number plate holders? or if your front plates do overhang.
I currently have the "premium" plates, which are 370mm by 110mm on the back and 370mm by 80mm on the front. The front one looks fine, but the back one isn't wide enough really. And the Euro ones looks pretty good with the emblems and the blue panel on the left side.
Sponsored Links
When I got my 147 in March I had the same problem, but when I looked inside the boot (trunk) there was a screw on plastic adapter which was the right size for the new number plates and looks a lot neater than having the ends of a Euro-plate flapping in the wind. This is fitted on my car on the avatar which is pictures on the left of this reply. You may not be able to see the details but if you need more info send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will take some close-up photos for you.
It seems to be a standard addition to Alfa's now, so you should be able to get something from your local dealer.
AO Member
You can see KGB 147's plate closer here.

I found it on another site, KGB. Hope you don't mind. It was blanked out so I thought it would be safe.
No problems Chappie.
Any publicity is good publicity as they say. I have a car to be proud of and the more people that can see it the more I like it.
Spread the word and convert the great unwashed (drivers of German cars).
Ken [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

number , plate , size