156 V6 Gearbox 6 speed
I need some advice:
My car has covered 87k (1999 June) and the gearbox has started to worry me, the problems I an experiancing are:
1) I Struggle to disengage 3rd gear when the car is stationary (with the engine on or off)
when its rolling its fine.
2) I hear a crunch when engaging 4th gear on the move (Poor synchromesh??)
3) 5th and 6th are noisy at around 40mph
I need to know the following:
1) Will these faults get any worse?
2) Does anyone know a gearbox specialist who can fix these problems; ALFA has quoted £1200 plus fitting for a new box and has said that you can't refurb the unit! Is this right??
A worried 156 owner
Turn the Key - Awake the Beast
V6 206BHP 0-60 6.8(ish)