selespeed issue! help! new car! [Poll] - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
selespeed issue! help! new car! [Poll]

Hi to all,

Well I took delivery of my new car on friday after a series of incidents with the local customs which delayed its delivery a bit. The car is fantastic , copes excellent with very crisp handling, I was impressed with its built quality not to mention some minor glitches like a scratch on the sunroof and some ratles in this aeria which do not annoy me yet and the motor has a sweet appetite to rev. Despite its crashy ride and thats because it wears the 17s without upgraded springs or shocks I love its road behaviour having easily the quickest steering of all the hatches that I have driven up to now with pin point accuracy. I decided to take a little trip in a distance of 430km with a total of 4 persons. Cruising on the highway I saw the usual SELESPEED SYSTEM FAILURE message the moment that I had the cruise control on having 5th gear-very bad words were spoken...but it was working normally , I kept getting the message at intervals of 1-2 hours around 5 times and in city mode and I dont know could this mean I read here in the forum about minor and major selespeed issues and I suspect the brake pedal switch because at all times the car was going perfectly with very smooth throtle pick up this is a problem that many selespeed owners face. The weird thing is that when the temperature here droped to 0 I got twice a SPARK PLUG FAILURE message plus once VDC FAILURE and I underline again that at all times the car was going nice and smoothly so what could this mean shall I go to my service I just dont want my car to undergo selespeed surgery is replacing system componets complex and difficult? The VDC is certainly the switch, this is obtained from forum statistics.I also have another question going from reverse to 1st I had sometimes another buzz in 1st gear for a few seconds different to the reverse what is this? I also had to put neutral 2-3 times to start the car so what is the correct procedure for starting the car? The car has only 430 kms on the speedo WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST BREAK IN FOR THE CAR/ does someone have any tips? mine saw twice 5000revs and that on passing others and max speed 120 km on the speedo but never exceeded 4000revs and I am not intending to do that untill the initial 3000 kms. Any other tips for a proper break-in?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , issue , poll , selespeed