Got my 147 - yum yum - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Got my 147 - yum yum

Picked up my new 147 yesterday - only 1 word to describe it really ... WOW!!!
Even though it was the 1st sunny day of the year I didn't mind giving up my beloved MGF. Especially when I came out of work in the dark & put the lights on - my heart literally missed a beat! - that dashboard all lit up {sigh}.

I was just out playing & a GTV stopped behind me at lights - the (rather lovely) driver must have thought I was nuts as I just couldn't help looking at him in the mirror with a big stupid grin all over my face!

How sensible should I be re 'running in'? Do I need to keep under 4000rpm for a while? It'll be hard to resist that noise!

Sorry to rant on, but I know you guys will understand my excitement

Alfa - It's not "just a car"
Sponsored Links
Blue Inca
I tryed to keep it under 4.000 rpm, i promise i tryed. But as this VW came closer in the mirror, i could not resist - and then i got addicted to the sound. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I managed to keep mine under 4000rpm for the first 1000km's, hten under 5000 for the next 2000km's. but now it's free rpm's as long as she's nice and warm.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

it's more fun if you have to wait a little.

There has been a lot said about the initial running revs etc... My dealer said that it doesnt matter and that Alfa engines are already "run in" from the factory (??pre-loved 2nd hand engine??? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). I'm not sure there is any method/science or even common sense to the edvice given by everyone on this issue. I was initially cautious but with only 3000km on clock I "thrash" it to 5000revs with ease...and the car loves I have had no oil concerns.......ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , yum