good news about a service! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
good news about a service!

Went with Cleveland cars in the end,for no other reason than they were recommended by Autodelta (the top blokes are prolly mates,who knows).

But they were excellent.I always turn up several hours early if I've never used the garage before and start sniffing around the service yard.Technicians were very busy and they were willing to have a chat as well.

They found the rear suspension bushes have to much play (hurrah!! I'm a nutter,its official!) and also the gear box is seeping oil.Both gonna get done under warranty of course.

And the car has that excellent "just serviced" feel about it.Most impressively of all though they have cured the squeaky clutch! They couldn't do it while on so they sripped the whole assembly of and took the arm aprt and loaded it with grease then it was sorted!

Very good so far and only gripe is they aren't covered by their own insurance for courtesy cars.I had to pay 25 to my broker for insuring a Seiciento Abarth (nasty litle thing).

Plot was also full of 147s waiting to be sold and serviced so a busy garage.

thank god for that,been worrying me for ages looking for a decent Alfa garage,which is shocking I know.

ps I left the service book in an er,boot tidy (wife makes me have it,I know its gay paraphenalia but I'm not bothered by these things) and the technician searched the car for it and found it!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Good to hear.

It's time the Forum had some kind of submit your rating/review for Garage servicing type of thing.

Any more experiences. Particulalrly in the Midlands area I would like to know about.
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Hi Chappy,
I bought my 147 from Ryauto in Knowle. The sales service was good but delivery was hopeless. Warranty work on the suspension was very well handled though, so I'd have confidence in them for servicing.
Simon S
AO Member
Thanks Simon. I am waiting for Ryauto Knowle to get a Selespeed with Connect Nav + in so I can have a play and decide if I want it.

They will be calling me soon hopefully.

What problems did you have with delivery? What was wrong with your suspension?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

good , news , service