Unwanted Prize Less than a week old - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Unwanted Prize Less than a week old

Hi Guys,

My heart sank when I saw the following advertisment iin our local Newspaper classified website:
The AGE - Australia

So even though you wouldn't want to keep the car long term, why get rid of it straight away? Why not enjoy it for a month or so?

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Makes you wonder why they entered the contest in the first place???

Rgds [img]smilies/cwm1.gif[/img]
I've always wanted to physically harm people who win a car and then sell it. I think these guys are professional competiton enterers though; they support their life by winning prizes, selling the high value ones and living off whatever else comes in (i.e baked beans for life competition; toilet paper for life etc etc). There was a programme on the TV (that I won!) a few years back. They were a little odd, these people; not my cup of tea [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

Well if I won a BMW I'd drive the nads out of it just to break stuff & disprove the reliablity !!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

but a 147 if I won?? I 'd spend the cash I saved on a huge list of Mods [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Well I know a guy who bought a Black Manual 147 from Adelaide, South Australia, that was won in a competition.

He actually saved about $6,000 on the purchase and had the pleasure of driving it back to Melbourne!

I actually entered a phone competition for a 147 in November from 'InStyle' magazine. You could email them (a really stupid move on their behalf) or call them.

I emailed them about 500 times (each using a different email address as I own a handful of domain names!) and called about 250 times.

Then some other ***** won the car!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

So, we were forced to buy one!

And Stef, we pick it up Saturday morning!!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Enzymes...Brand new 147 delievered on Grand Prix Weekend. Ooh, that sounds like a lovely coincidence!

So how is it? Tell us all about it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

prize , unwanted , week