Hi folks, thought I'd start a thread that invites anyone to list any and all mods made to their GT since they got their hands on it.
Whilst I do acknowledge that this is a beautiful car designed by someone with more talent than I'll ever have, I hope that this thread will give everyone a complete list of potential changes that can be made in order to fully customize the car to the way you want it, here's mine:
1. Got rid of the Blaupunkt headunit and installed a Bluetooth DVD/MP3 player from e-bay which was professionally fitted by HANNAH Autosound in Glasgow and sounds even better than the OEM unit, although I'll admit, it's not the best fit;
2. Painted the brake calipers. Can't yet afford a set of brembo's so this will have to do meantime;
3. Ontop of the painted calipers, I fitted some High Temp caliper covers, using High Temp Silicone adhesive. I painted the covers with the same paint I used on the calipers so that everything looks as best it can. The reason I put covers ontop of the calipers that I already painted was so that the white Alfa Romeo decals had somewhere to mount onto, and also, I think the stainless steel bolts look good. (tip: varnish the decals to give them a longer life, especially if you use a pressure washer for your wheels);
4. Ordered and fitted a set of custom registration plates. I like the custom signage on the bottom and the Alfa GT logo on the side (not 100% sure of the legality but they were listed as such); &
5. With all the nice chrome on the car, I thought some ontop would complete the look, or so my wife did and she is an Interior Designer. So I hunted high and low for a full chrome antenna which I think does the job.
And I think that I'm done on the exterior, going to work on the engine and suspension next when the funds become available.