Wooden steering wheel swap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Wooden steering wheel swap

I've got a wooden rimmed steering wheel in my Alfa 156. If any owner is after one, I'd be interested in some sort of swap for a leather one.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
How have you found the wood to use. I was offered it with my 156 before going for the sportpack?
Wondered what it was like. [img]smilies/cwm1.gif[/img]
Keep the wooden steering wheel man. It's a classic. Rollers have got one too! Besides, it spins back through your hands quicker when coming out of those sharp turns. cold days though don't agree with the wood brrr!

Pity the centre console isn't real wood!

Thanks for the advice guys. Perhaps in another 20 years I'll be more suited to the wooden steering wheel effect. For now though, I think leather is best.

It's a very subjective issue of course. Personally, I find the wooden wheel a bit too slippery and when your palms get sweaty, it's not the best surface to be gripping tightly.

More than anything though, it's the look. I've now ordered a titanium console and leather/titaium gearknob, so the wooden wheel has to go.

I can get a new leather 156 steering wheel from Alfa for 160 (without airbag) so hopefully I (or someone more experienced) can change the airbag over for me.

If anyone's interested in the wooden wheel (minus airbag) feel free to email me. (nareman@virk.co.uk).

Same with the wooden centre console and gearknob. They will be removed very very carefully, so if anyone's after a complete wood pack (it's lovely really !!!) please email me.

Mak, thanks for your message. Not sure about fitment on your car. If you email me, I can email you back. I used to have a 155, which I've now replaced with a 156 - hence the confusion with my profile.

Thanks again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

steering , swap , wheel , wooden