New 18"s on my 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
New 18"s on my 147

I just thought I'd let the people who replied to my question a while back know that 18"s go on the 147 no problem I got mine from demontweeks on tuesday and they look fantastic, a 4mm spacer was required and some wobbly bolts cos I could only get a golf pcd of 5x100 instead of the alfa 5x98 in the wheels I wanted, the wobbly bolts worked a treat and they open up the choice of wheels you can get cos without them it was very limited. An autodelta Evo bodykit is on the way next with some 40mm lowering springs so its going to look amazing!!!!!!
The 147 turned heads standard but with the new rims I've been stopped by people asking about them, so I can only imagine what its going to be like when everything is complete.
Thanks again to everone that replied to my question.
P.s. pics will be posted soon and drool buckets provided.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
I can't believe anyone would want to put Body kits on a 147. I think it's perfection already.

The only reason I could see for doing it if it was because you had the engine modified and needed more downforce/more air intake etc.

But each to their own and all that.
Mike D
While I'm a fan of bigger wheels and all that, the one thing that doesn't look right is the size of the brakes when viewed through the big wheels. To my mind if you've got big wheels you need big brakes to fill out the wheels. Take a look at an M3 sometime. I know the 147 doesn't need big brakes but from an asthetic perspective small brakes don't look right behind big wheels.

There is a few Honda CRX's in town that have 17" wheels. The back brakes are so small the disappear behind the centre piece of the wheel. To me this looks silly.

As always this is entirely my own opinion. If I could justify the expense I'd upgrade to 17" wheels on my 156.

Mike [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , new 18s