Lowering springs 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Lowering springs 147

Hi I was just wondering, I want to lower my 147, what lowering height is recommended? I have seen one that was lowered 70mm which is a lot and I am afraid to hit all the speedbumps here, The Netherlands are also known as "Speedbumps United" What would be an acceptable height? 30mm? 40mm? And what springs would you advise? And springs only or also the shock absorbers? I know it are alot of questions, but still I hope you can help me! ;-)

Sponsored Links
Hi there Nerofuoco!

I am getting Eibach springs for mine, from what I've heard from 156 oweners they are better than the sport pack ones from Alfa on the 156, so I guess the same goes for the 147. How much you want to lower is your own choice of course, but I wouldn't recommend any more than 30mm unless you like looking like those really stupid BMW drivers with ultra-lowered cars on every tiny little crack or hole or sapeedbump. but that's priority of course..... I think reaplcing the whole thing (springs and absorbers) would prob be the best, but you'll find that shock absorbers are a bit expensive, so the thing to consider is if they're wort all the extra money compared to just using uprated springs... ?

my 2 cents anyway...
Are you lowering to uprate the springs or to make it look better?

25mm with 17" wheels will sort out the jumpiness,apparently
I'd say lowering will do both, as I'm hopefully awaiting mine with 30mm lowering and 17" wheels... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

With New shocks you will have no problems dropping her a bit. & if you decide later that you want to change the shack you can with out empting your wallet all at once.

My 2..

Forgot to say you'll need to get the VDC reset to account for the reduction in ride height
Thanks all for your wise answers, I want it to be lowerd for the looks (together with the bodykit it really should look cool)and offcourse i would like to have amore rigid car, I mean I was used to have one, and now this one is soooooo comfortable, and I know many of you think why than make it more rigid, well I like it to be that way, it's a matter of taste. BTW thanks for letting me know on the upgrade of that electronic thing. I wguess I will go for 30MM If any of you want to send me pix of yours please do so! (stefano_channel@hotmail.com)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , lowering , springs