147 technical issues help please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-07-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 147

147 technical issues help please

posted this in the newbies section and was told to repost here. hope thats right!

Hello everyone.

I've had my 147 for the last 4years and generally its been ok. Lately some gremlins have started appearing so i thought i'd join up and hopefully feed from your shared knowledge and experience.

I am reasonable with a wrench and have built (and rebuilt about 20 times) a track day car which started with a pinto engine and now has a honda s2000 engine.

I currently have 3 issues. I'll try searching the forum but if anyone can direct me that would be great.

1) key fob doesn't work. Tried changing batteries etc but no luck. (ps only have one key - so i can;t try the other one)

2) Air con doesn't work. Someone told the other half that it was the condensor but i'd love to hear where you guys would start with that one.

3) Well.....Cam belt went last night. aaaarrrrgh. stripped the teeth at the crank pulley. Don't yet know the extent of the head damage. I've started stripping the engine but would love to be able to chat to someone who has aready done it. i.e. Which bits have to come off etc.

Also, does anyone have the cam locking tools and variator tool that they might be able to lend me for a few days - there's beer in it!! I'l pay postage or can collect.

Any other advice would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Re: 147 technical issues help please

Why not do a search? All these problems have been covered many times before.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , issues , technical