147 clock spring - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

147 clock spring

I ve just changed the wheel on my 147. Everything went fine, but when I turn it sometimes makes a noise, like a wire is rubbing. Due to the design of the wheel there are no wires to rub (theyre all in the hub) so I dont think its a wire. Does anyone know if this could be the clock spring? The alfa manual says to make sure the wheel is centred before tightening. The wheel will only fit on one way and I assumed this meant it was "centred", but I cant remember if the steering wheel was pointing straight ahead when I tighted it and now I m wondering if it meant that. No airbag or VDC light is on. Anyone got any ideas?...Quote from manual "if for any reason the upper plate for the clock spring should rotate in relation to the lower one in such a way that the relative posiotn is nom longer known, then the clock spring must be replaced". Not sure if this applies or not. I didnt remove the clock spring just replaced the wheel

Last edited by typos1; 24-07-08 at 15:48.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , clock , spring