phone thing... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
phone thing...

I haven't got mine yet, will pick my sweetheart up tomorrow afternoon, I just went truogh the option list (I don't have many on though) but when I ordered I decided for whatever reason to get a pre-disposition for a phone. Come to think of it. What is it? Do I get a universal handsfree kit or so?
I appreciate your replies - I understand it's a bit of a stupid question...
Sponsored Links

It is a Dual-Band GSM phone, I don't know if its compatable with your mobile operators in the Netherlands, but it probably will be. All you have to do is insert the SIM card into the dash. It needs the credit card size SIM card, so you may have to get an adapter.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

Hi Nerofuoco,

I saw that you're from the Netherlands. If the pre-disposition of the phone in the optionlist equals the dutch "GSM-voorbereiding", then it means that you don't get a carkit (you still have to buy one yourself, or better try to let your boss pay for it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], but the car is already fitted with GSM-cables and a GSM-antenna.

My car also has this option. This means that when installing a carkit, all cables are already there, you don't need an extra (expensive) antenna, and instead of using those ugly speakers which are provided with every car kit, the carkit is connected to your audio system. This means that when you use your phone, the audio system (radio/cd/cd-changer) will automatically be muted and the sound of the GSM-speaker will be directed to the car-speakers! You can also adjust the phone-volume from the menu of the cd-player.

And better, if you have volume-buttons on the steering wheel (I do!) you can mute, increase or decrease the phone volume without taking your hands from the steering wheel!

Mel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cwm29.gif[/img]

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.

Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"
Hi Guys,

Mel you were right I have the dutch "gsm voorbereiding" now it all makes sense; better start shopping for a carkit thingy, have to pay it myself though as it's not a company car - Our company doesn't do companycars... I can't wait to use these volume buttons on the steering, I have those too! It's great to see that there are also dutch fanatics on this site And yes i agree those normal speakers are really ugly!!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

phone , thing

« 147 Delays | Music »