147 driver requiring a group hug!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
147 driver requiring a group hug!!

Hi everyone....
I took delivery of my super sexy fire black 147 with the supersports back in the middle of June and have now done nearly 14,000 miles (i cannot stop driving it you see!).

Anyway, 3 weeks ago some old codger decided to overshoot a junction and ploughed right into the drivers side damaging the door and rear panel.

Gonna be an insurance job at around 2,000. I am feeling pretty down at the moment so any words of comfort from fellow alfa nuts will keep me going until she has been to the garage and is well again.

Thanks in advance....

PS. What a car!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
hey moby, i wouldn't blame the old codger' you see, he was driving along, probably on the way to his pension...saw your babe of a car...couldnt believe his eyes...his nerves malfunctioned..as his eyes had never been stimulated like this.. and... well... good job he didnt kill no one!!

Hope he didn't cause too much damage...but be patient mate... it'll be worth the wait!!
Hi Moby,

I am very sorry to hear about the accident. I can sympathise with you. You see, I have also felt the empty feeling inside when your gorgeous 147 is not looking like it should.

2 weeks after taking delivery of my prized Silver Selespeed 147, my partner asked to borrow it for a drive up to her parents place...Not more than 40 minutes later, I had a phone call from her, and she was hysterical.

Apparantly she had hit a Kangaroo that jumped out from the side of the road, and she didn't have time to correct.

Anyway, I can forward an email with the pics so you can see the results.

Also as the accident happened 2 weeks after the official release of the 147 in Australia, spare parts were still in shipment.

Anyway, all I can say is I will never lend my car to ANYONE again. I just bought my partner a Peugeot 307 so she doesn't eye my car again.

The car is now fitted with the sports front bar from Linea Alfa, and insurance covered the cost of that as a new front bar. No cost to me!

I hope things work out soon. If you give me your e-mail adress I can provide you some info wrt. some things to look out for when rinspecting the car after repair (I don't want to bore the rest of the group with this!).

I feel with you in this time of need also! Nothing worse than some idiot crashing into you... And yours is the same car I'm waiting for too, except for the engine... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Good luck, hope all goes well and that she'll be just the same as soon as possible!
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

Sorry to hear of your accident. The main thing is ensure it is fixed to be good as new. Nothing so sad as a bent car, especially when it's an Alfa 147. Good luck.
bad luck mate.But there is a silver lining.IMO its always better to get your first dent out of the way early,helps you relax a little. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Make sure that they put your car on a jig! - Insist, as it was a side impact.
I feel for you
there are no amount of words to console you when that happens believe me I know.But at least you will be able to rediscover everything you love about the car all over again !!!
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

Firstly , Sorry about your pride & joy.

When collecting the car from the repair shop make sure the door shutlines are right & check the paint for color mismatch or dribbles. Make sure the job is done right before accepting it back. It's an insurance job so it should be done as well as possible
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

I really feel for you. Everybody dreads firstblood, we hope its only something minor. Your accident is a real killer.

The same thing happened to me early on in a cars life a few years ago. The repair was excellent as the car still had to comply with the warranties.

Your car is exactly the same spec as my Dad's so I know how fantastic your car looks!

Bet you can't wait to get your little black jewel back!
Hi everyone

Thanks for all you words of support about my accident......real good of you.

Car is now booked in to garage but unfortunately it looks like i have quite a long wait for parts.

G-147, i think that is a most excellent explanation about why it happened. I think we all owe it to other road users safety to keep our 147s at home on the driveway and just stand back and look at them from time to time...????? NAHHHHH I DONT THINK SO!!

Stef...Thanks for the offer...send your thoughts and pictures to my wifes e-mail address which is sharon@tonks2000.freeserve.co.uk as it would be good to see pictures of an Aussie 147.

Thanks all.....
would strongly agree with Group Director re: the jig

i took a fairly severe side impact from a lorry in my last car - when it was 3 weeks old! - it was never the same - wheel arches scraped on the tyres over bumps, doors were mis aligned causing the the paint work on the leading edge of the door to wear through, boot was difficult to open/shut and tyre wear was uneven on the rear tyre that took the impact.

Wish I'd complained more at the time - learn from my mistake - if theres anything your not happy with get it sorted or checked straight away.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , driver , group , hug , requiring