Revved Engine too hard - Idle Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
Revved Engine too hard - Idle Problems

Hi there,
I have been driving my 2003 2.0 JTS 156 for over 2 years now and it has been the smoothest most reliable car I have owned so far.
Last week I had to perform an emergency stop when some loon stepped out in front of the car. I had my work boots on at the time (not sensible but..) and when I slammed down on the brake I accidently slammed the accelerator to the floor (at the same time as the clutch, so the car did slow down!). The revs shot off the scale. The engine has never been revved that hard.
Now the car is not driving as it should be. When starting up the idle is running too high which is also a problem when slowing down at junctions, etc. The clutch pedal also has a vibration that was never there before, not sure if/how this could be connected?
Any ideas as to what I might have done. I haven't had a chance to take it to a dealer yet, to be honest I'm putting it off as I'm a bit skint at the moment!
Your help would be much appreciated,
Cheers, Nick
Sponsored Links
Re: Revved Engine too hard - Idle Problems

you should hit the rev limiter every now and again to keep the engine in good nick... providing its been properly serviced of course.

Really shouldnt of done any damage really might just be a coincidence

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , hard , idle , problems , revved