Alfa 147 Delivery Times - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Alfa 147 Delivery Times

Hi there Guys, Happpy New Year to you all.

I am still waiting for my Alfa 147 to turn up, I just wondered what were the delivery times for other people?

Mine will take about 3 months to arrive.
Sponsored Links
Hi Danny! Good to have a soul brother here. Been waiting since November, got no life until March!
AO Silver Member
It drove me crazy!!! I ordered mine last March, and it arrived in just over three months... but it had the wrong part on it (due to the same order number for two items)...Doh!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] so i waited a further two months and now... joy. Believe me, it's worth the wait!!
AO Member
I went the import route. The first 147 I ordered was due 6 weeks from the date I paid my deposit (the dealer already had it on order). 12 weeks later I gave up waiting, got my deposit back without any trouble and sourced another import that arrived in 10 days. More money but better spec. I'm still grinning and driving for absolutely any reason whatsoever!

Enjoy the wait and play "spot my car arriving on the back of a transporter" as you travel the motorways....
I too, am going down the import route, ordering it from Denmark. I first ordered the car in September, but later changed the colour to Nuvola Blue, and had to reorder as Alfa Romeo wouldn't let me change it as it was an import/export order. Now I have just been given production week 12!

Yes, I'm pulling my hair out, and have been for months!! [img]smilies/kaioken.gif[/img]

Can anyone advise me how long it takes to build the car from the production week?
AO Member
Mine, believe it or not it took 5 months. The delivery time they gave me was 3,5 months.

But it worth the wait.
AO Member
Hi All...

I too followed the import route - ordered the 147 exactly 3 months ago. It was due mid December but, yes you guessed it .. it didn't arrive .. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ! Bang went my little 'Christmas' pressie! Anyway, still waiting for a confirmed new delivery date (is there such a thing!!?) - the best they've given me is 'end of Jan' (and I don't have confidence in that being hit either!)

Gadgetman - I'd be interested to know where you sourced the second import from so quickly - was it direct from a dealer abroad or a broker in the UK?

If there's one thing I've noticed in my times browsing the AlfaOwner pages though - we all agree the car is worth the wait!! Just don't know how much longer I can last without committing some heinous act!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
When I had my 147 on order (ordered in March 2001 - delivered September 2001), I had a deposit with each of the 2 Alfa dealers in Melbourne. I thought (foolishly) that I can play one against the other for discount!

Anyway, one of the dealers was making me feel like I was putting him out when I asked him to verify the VIN number of the chassis I had on order and check with the importer on the exact delivery date.

I should think that when you are spending so much money and paying FULL RETAIL PRICE (with no discount) that you are somewhat entitled to full customer service.

Anyhow, I am extatic with my 147 and would not swap it for anything else....NCAP tests failing or NOT!

AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

I first drove the car on 3rd September and bought one from stock which was delivered 11th September. It would have been earlier, but the salesman took a few days off and no one else could deliver the car. Believe it or not. How difficult was it to accept a cheque and have me sign things?

Still, just got back from a few days in Sydney. Performed faultlessly and I remain impressed with just how precisely the 147 turns in. And this is FWD.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , delivery , times