Parapuzzi's (? mudflaps) for 156/147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Parapuzzi's (? mudflaps) for 156/147

Hi guys. Here in Norway there's a lot of salt on the road about half the year. This year they've changed from the little round pellets to some vicious things that are jagged, a bit like tiny pieces of crushed rocks or gravel. These things leap out from your front and rear tires (and the car in front) and damage the paint right behind the wheels, typically under the front doors, etc. Now, I'm not a big fan of mudflaps (unless they're stuck on a Delta integrale or something like that), but I hear Alfa has some quite discreet integrated plastic "mudflap" (parapuzzis?)kind of things that don't look too bad and do the job alright.

The real question is this: Does anyone have these, can anyone provide me a picture of what they look like? Any replies appreciated.
Sponsored Links
My Alfa Spre-Parts Manager was kind enough to provide me with an Linea Alfa Catalogue for the 147 (In original Italian).

It has all the latest accessories and add on parts (Sports Bumpers, wheels, Seat covers, Child Restraints.....) in a beautiful glossy Book.

I am sure I have seen the mudflaps in there including the part number and the price in Italian Lire and Euros (Pricelist for all parts in the back of the book).
If you'd like, I can try and scan them and email them to you.

If the demand is out there, I may even scan the whole book and put it on some website.

What do you think?

Hi Stef. I'd really like a copy of that book, I'm going to see the salesman today or tomorrow, so I'm going to ask him then if he can provide me with a copy. Thanks for your help. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jarmo Korhonen
We have the same broblems in Finland. Mudflaps might be useful also for the 156 during the winter. They would surely spoil the perfect body lines on the 156, IMO. Maybe you could remove them, when the summer comes.

Anyone know anything about mudflaps for the 156?
I've had AR mudflaps fitted to my 147 and I can confirm that they do not spoil the lines of the car. They don't hang down from the back of the wheel arch, they look more like an extention of the arch and taper back up to the body.
They probably protect the bodywork immediately behind them but as they are quite small you still get a lot of muck further down the body. Oh, and they're fairly expensive, about £55 for a set of four!
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

I downloaded a German version of the Linea 147 book at

The mudflaps are in that book. Also, side protection strips, I admit I am a little paranoid about parking the 147. I don't want any clumsy drivers banging my bodywork. Has anyone had the protective strips put on and are they big enough to protect?
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

I am also very carefull when I park my car. If possible no one can park a car at the passengerside, so I can leave plenty of space on the driverside. So far it worked and nobody banged my bodywork yet.

Thanx for the link to the Alfa Linea Brochure.
Hi all,

Happy new year to you.

Now some of you may consider what I do as a bit "Over the top", but I carry a relatively cheap digital camera in my glovebox.

It has 2 main purposes:

1. When I park next to other cars that I may think "ding" my door by opening theirs, I usually get out and take a photo making sure that the distance between the 2 cars, as well as the other chaps licence plate is in the photo. That way, I have proof should I need to follow up later upon finding any marks on my door.

2. In case of an accident, there is nothing better than having pictorial evidence as the other person will not be able to make up their own stories of damage, etc. at a later time.

Now there is nothing to say that the camera has to be a digital camera.

I graduated from a disposable insta-matic Kodak-jobbies to this one.

Anyway, a number of my family and friends have seen the advantages of this cheap way of insuring your pride & joy, and have bought a little cheap camera to house in their glovebox.

Also you never know when you might find your 147 in the most idealic scenery and just have to take a photo!!!

There are other advantages of the camera (roadrage, etc...) but we won't go into that.

I hope you find it useful too.

147owner, thanks for the link, great stuff! Happy enw year to all! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

mudflaps , parapuzzi