Cheapest 147 in the world?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cheapest 147 in the world??

Hi All,

I thought its time to get away from the other thread, which in some wise people's words, "Was getting quite tiring!"

147owner brought up a good topic of discussion. Where is the best value for money 147 (or any other Alfa for that matter) sold?

Having searched a few global Alfa websites, it looks like UK must be one of the most expensive. Australia is not so cheap either.

Check the prices quoted in the New Zealand Alfa site beolw. And remember that their cars come with Leather as standard!

I think the Alfa 147 in New Zealand must be the best value for money buy!

You can use the following link for currency conversions for your corner of the globe:

Stef [img]smilies/king.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Oh just another point of interest.

I called up a dealer in New Zealand for Specs on the 147 and was told that Alfa NZ have a policy of 30% deposit and the rest of the 70% residual is repaid over 4 years INTEREST FREE!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
UK the most expensive? I think not!!! Here in Norway the 2.0 Selespeed is 370'000 Norwegian kroner. Which equals to something like:
-46500 Euro
-80000 Australian Dollar
-29000 British Pounds

So now you know which country is the worst place to buy a car... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
That's amazing....Almost as bad as Singapore! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
AO Member
Ok Guys,
U know what I paid for my new ALFA 147 5 door Selespeed (no Leather) here in Cyprus?

40,020 euros

That's expensive too.
I think Cyprus is the most expensive Country in Europe to buy a car after Denmark and Norway.
Do u know that we pay 120% taxes for buying a car?

I think the cheapest country to buy a car is Belgium.
What do u think?
Hi Steff,Kev.....

The price of Alfa's in Australia if I remember correctly has always been pretty expensive. When I visited in 91 secondhand cars were approximatley 3 times dearer than in the UK.

However, although you may pay more new your resale residuals should be much better because they have never really been tarnished like the UK through our cold/damp climate eating the bodywork in front your eyes!!

For probably 15-20 years all italian cars had terrible problems here with corrosion and this had a dramatic effect on secondhand prices. Where as in Australia you have never really suffered from this so I'd imagine their reputation was never tarnished in this way!

Even now most non Alfa people I talk to mention the corrosion thing before anything else!!!!!

Thought it may be of a little interest!

(At present rust free 164 Super!)
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

Thought you might like to know the dreaded tin worm strikes down under too. We don't get the salt spread all over the road during winter, but much of the population lives near the coast with nice humid, salty air. I remember my first Alfasud came inbuilt with rust around the boot surround from new.

So while we don't have the problem like the UK, Alfas still have reputation for rust here in Australia. Our resale values would be a product of reduced supply, ie, the cars are less common. However, my experience is that few, if any dealers are happy to trade Alfas.

I'm hoping my 147 marks a new reputation for Alfa quality wise and does not become an Albatross around my neck when trade in time comes. Until then, I'll just enjoy it.
Here in Iceland, the price for a 3 door selespeed with no optional extras is 2.460.000 kr. which is
25.414 Euro,
22.618 USD,
15.817 GBP.

Personally I think it is not very high if you compare it to other cars that are sold here.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , cheapest , world