New Headlight Assembly - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
New Headlight Assembly

Hi all,

Sorry for all the messages, but I thought other 147 owners should be aware of this problem.

I guess I am the first 147 owner in the world to find out that to replace a Weather-proof cap behind the headlight assembly, you need to purchase the WHOLE headlight assempbly unit.

I upgraded my foglight & mainbeam globes to PIAA performnce globes (A$190/set), and in the process misplaced the weatherproof cap that fits behind the headlight assemply. I didn't think much of it, as I thought a replacement should not be more than A$10~20.

Alfa dealers in Australia, Italy and UK all confirmed that the part is not showing on their records as an individual part. So I have no choice but to purchase a whole headlight unit (A$450) if I want a replacement.

Well no more than a week after I lost the cap, the car was involved in an "Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind" with Skippy the Kangaroo. This did not only wipe out my headlight in question but the bonnet, guard and bumper!

I am happy to say that insurance came through with a replacement headlight, and a new Sports front airdam/bar from Linea Alfa catalogue!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

assembly , headlight