Remus Exhaust Box - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Remus Exhaust Box

Ciao Tutti,

I have just put in anorder for a new Remus Exhaust (back box/muffler only). The latest catalogue from Remus only lists the Alfa 147 1.6, but the salesperson assured me that the Remus box will be OK for the 2.0 version as well.

Can anyone tell me if I am setting myself up for heartache, by going for this unit? Will it really make a difference?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Ciao !

Remus are excellent. No 2 ways about it. In the UK, they now come with a lifetime warranty. Fantastic build quality, fit, and a very distinctive sound, esp at high rpm (4000+)

I had one on my Fiat Tipo 16v, and it was awesome, (although the car was de-catted as well.)

The only thing that comes close to Remus is Supersprint, but I prefered Remus for it's unique sound.

It can be best described as a 'rocket' sound, when driven at night, along a wall, or through a tunnel, with the windows open.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. I had a friend of mine who fitted a Universal Remus to his Honda Civic and the resonance in the car was unbearable. Sounded much like an amplified Sick-Bee!

But I suspect it may have been a bad installation or something.

What I am really concerend with is the fact that in the Remus Catalogue, they only note the Alfa Romeo 147 in the 1.6TS, not the 2.0

Is there a big difference between the exhaust size in the 1.6 and the 2.0? Accoring to Alfa Spare Parts, the original Exhaust Box in the 1.6 has a different Part number than in the 2.0, which makes me think they would also produce different back pressures!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

box , exhaust , remus