Lanciaman - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-07-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Hmmm Lanciaman

Hi - I'm Clive EDWARDS, living mostly in Litton Cheney, Dorset in the UK, but for about 1/3rd of the year in Le Grau d'Agde in the S.of France

I've owned numerous Alfa over the past twenty-five years, including my present car, an Alfa GT JTDM

I've also competed in International Historic Rallies (including the Monte, the Tulip, and the Pyrenees) in a 1971 Lancia Fulvia 1600 HF - best result was winning the Rallye de Belgique outright about 12 years ago, and getting 14th overall (3rd in class) on the Monte ten years ago

I'm in France at the mo, with my 2006 Alfa GT JTDM and I'm having clutch troubles - firstly a couple of weeks ago I parked outside the local Bricolage and when I returned to the car I got in, stuck my foot on the clutch ansd it just weant "bang" and hit the floor - had to be a Sat pm of course, but luckily local "quickfit" (ROADY) place was open
and between us we fabricated a new spring-clip attaching the pedal
to the arm, and I drove away vowing to order a new spring clip the following Monday (which I did, but it's still not arrived!)

Come last Friday evening, negotiating a roundabout I went from 4th into 3rd, let up the clutch and surprise, surprise - no drive - no drive in any gear at all, not even reverse. Of course it was close to midnight on the Friday before the bank-holiday week-end (14th Juillet)
so only after some difficulty I got the car towed to safety with the promise that it will be delivered to the "local" Alfa dealer in Beziers 20 miles away on Tuesday morning - My wife and I, plus our two Westie dogs are due to catch a ferry back to the UK on Friday evening, so I need the car sorted by Thursday pm -

I've really no idea what the actual cause of the problem is, although I suspect that it may be simply the connection to the pedal, but that still APPEARS to be OK at the pedal feels normal - obviously the clutch plates are still open, and are not closing when the pedal is released, but why? Anyone have any suggestions please? and is it realistic to expect an Alfa dealer to fix it in a matter of 48 hours? By the way thankfully the car is still under the manufacturers warranty!

Clive Edwards
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: British Columbia
Re: Lanciaman

Hi Clive, welcome to AO. We would love to see pics of your competitions

I've moved your clutch question to the GT tech forum, there's help and info on here, someone will help you out.

Hope to see you around the site. Cheers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT