147 ecu - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-07-08 Thread Starter
Not Happy 147 ecu

hi newbie ere,
my car is in the main dealers with major problems, everthing went up the swanie 0ne day without warning. the aa were called & i was told the car had lost all codes for the managment system & maybe a new battery. so of it went the dealers told me the coding & diagnostics would be 120 + vat job done. Ouch but not that bad. today they called me & now say it needs a new fuel management system 480 thats why car will not start. big ouch i think they are takin the **** out of me can this be. HELP please big decision to make.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 147 ecu

It is just possible that there has been a major malfunction on one of the circuit boards. This could explain why no codes were logged anywhere and perhaps the culprit was the fuel management system.

Perhaps you could suggest to them that 1., have they a spare they can try this out with before you part with cash for a new one or 2., that someone gets one of these ECUs from a scrap car to see if your car then works.

It could also be a defect in the wiring somewhere that has caused a short - thus no codes - and has fried a circuit board somewhere. In which case if the fuel management system is replaced it will simply go bang again.

However, the garage may just be correct in their diagnosis.

You're the customer. It's your call.

RIP 147 1.6 Lusso
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: 147 ecu

ECU's rarely go wrong. My opinion is that it's the dealer is fobbing you off with bull**** which we hear all too often unfortunately. It's more likely to be a dodgy connection or earth somewhere on the car that's causing any problems with the ECU rather than a fault with the ECU itself.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , ecu