'New to me' 147 16v MultiJet - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-07-08 Thread Starter
County: -
Help 'New to me' 147 16v MultiJet

My first Alfa, and first diesel (double whammy!). I want to make sure I am starting with as clean of a slate as possible - heading on a long road trip at the end of the month and hope to avoid surprises!

Looking for some quick feedback on the first few preventative maintenance steps for the engine...it is a 2005 with 66k km on the clock. As the title suggests, it is the 16v multijet.

1) It is due for an oil change, last one was 6-07 @ 54k. I have always used Mobil 1 filters and synthetic for my petrol cars, any suggestions on brand/viscosity here? (a lot of debate on the forums but no real consensus that I have read)

2) The more I read about diesels, especially with such high pressure injectors, it seems very important to keep the fuel free of even the smallest dirt...so I am thinking the fuel filter should be replaced as a precaution.

3) Flush and fill coolant system...the level is fine but think its a good idea anyway. Any brand preference here?

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I apologize in advance if this info is already posted, or in the owners manual. I am living in Paris, it was purchased here and so of course everything that came with the car is in French...as are the dealers

Sponsored Links
Awaiting Email Conf
County: Lake District
Re: 'New to me' 147 16v MultiJet

Oil change is every 12,000 miles (20k km) or 12 months. If you want synthetic Alfa recommend Selenia WR 5W 40 or Selenia Turbo diesel 10W 40 if you want semi synthetic. I would change the fuel filter at the same time as an oil change.

66k km is 41k miles, so change the air/oil filters and change the oil. No need to change the rest as it is still only young for a Diesel !!
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 07-07-08 Thread Starter
County: -

thanks guys. I will go with the selenia 5w-40 synthetic. any preferences on air/oil filter brands?

I will perhaps be silly and change the fuel filter as well...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 16v , multijet