Bought my Alfa 147 without viewing it! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Re: Bought my Alfa 147 without viewing it!

"When I picked it up the guy said that someone had been to look the morning I inquired, and then phoned him 30 mins after I had put the deposit down to buy it."

... and that guy was me Xenon !!! I couldn't believe it - I went to check it out day before and on way home (10 flippin mins away) I ALMOST turned around & went back to buy it .. but I though nah... I'll sleep on it. And sure enough rang next day to buy ... only for some Essex geezer to nick in half an hour earlier....!!! You were lucky mate normally I buy on impulse! But well done, you took a right gamble, honestly I'm glad it paid off for you straight up.

The guy at GTA started it up for me & the variator rattle came through loud & clear but like you say price included new one, cambelt etc so you got a good deal there. So .... are you gonna do what I had planned & get Autodelta to stick a supercharger on ..?

BUT ... although I was a bit miffed it's now made my mind up to get a GT 3.2 V6. The 147 / Supercharged option is dead tempting but ...well, I will sooooo miss that V6 noise & thunder. Plus the 'charger costs £4K which is mega-money for an extra 70bhp. Ahhh the Alfa V6 .... there's no turning back once you've experienced it..!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Kent

Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
Only when we bump into each other when drunk!
Nice darts Xen!
(Post Link) post #28 of 32 Old 11-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex

Ha, sorry mate. Hopefully worked out best for both of us then. I had missed out on a couple of cars myself due to thinking about it too much, so just went for it this time.

Glad you said that the variator sound was there, because it isn't now. I was wondering if they really did do the work or were they just fobbing me off, knowing I live miles away and am not likely to be going back up there. Now I know it was done.

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Does chris have an email as i would like to get my key sorted? cheers
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

have pm'd you his e-mail.

top guy, sorted my key out very quickly and did a great job
AO Member
County: Midi Pyrenees

I bought my Sportwagon sight unseen also (over the Internet). Actually, since I was living in Florida at the time, the only 156's I'd seen at all were on the Internet...

That was a year ago, and aside from an apparently stuck-open thermostat and a few speeding tickets, I haven't had the slightest problem. I love everything about her, even the midnight blue (which didn't render half as well on the Net as it does in real life) and the Selespeed (which took a bit of getting used to).

Call it luck or an exagerated faith in human nature, but I'd do again in a heart beat. Besides, I'm big and well armed.
AO Member

Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
"You're still shagging here aren't you?" Only when we bump into each other when drunk!
Let me guess, she's an Essex girl isn't she?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , bought , viewing