Re: Bought one - couple of probs
hey wimmy, pleased you got yourself an alfa in the end.
1. copper grease between pad and caliper should sort it, especially if the current pads do not have anti-squeal shims fitted (cheap ones often dont come with any shims)
2. Red fluid in that position will probably be power steering, maybe the previous owner overfilled during their selling prep. keep an eye on it.
3. 90C is normal, but it shouldnt get hotter for more than a couple of mins.
4. at 60k you only need cambelt, tensioner, balance shaft belt, balance shaft belt tensioner. you can do variator if you're paranoid, and water pump if you're really paranoid.
5. bin it and get something that isn't utter crap.