need new Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 25-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey
need new Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 help

hi im going to buy some new Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 tyers soon and went on Tyres for PASSENGER CARs very cheap, bargains, have a look and save . BUT there are like 4 types of the tyer i need the 215/45/17/ . i dont need a run flats ones . so what one do you lot recommend?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: need new Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 help

Get the ones with the right speed/ load rating, V, H etc.

I stopped buying these, they were too expensive, I have Falken 512's on instead on the 147.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire

You probably want the ones ending 87W ... but double check what you have on the car now

or go to a tyre dealer and ask them ... when they give you aquote, etll them you can get them from Mytyres for £94 each and I bet they will beat the price.

I just bought 4 Dunlop SP Sport MAXX from mytyres for £60 each and paid around £8 for fitting and disposal. Place where I had them fitted then told me he could have done them for less ... under £60 each including fitting, etc!
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

as above, check the specs for the car - either the sticker on the car when you open the driver's door, near the striker plate/door lock - or the manual. it will specify the 'minimum' requirement:
*speed rating: likely a minimum of V, which makes W/Y/Z better
*load index: likely around 87, so anything higher is better and obviously adequate

you can choose higher specs than required. some trade-off can be cost, and also ride comfort, cos the higher-spec'd tyres are often stiffer. plus, the RE050 is already a stiff-walled tyre, so if it's not what you have now, expect a firmer/harder ride.

in general, the RE050 comes as:
*run-flat: not what you need
*symmetrical tread
*asymmetrical tread

alfa's have typically been spec'd (as factory tyres in some countries) with the symmetrical version (non-run flat).

asymmetrical is becoming more popular (again) these days. but you are very unlikely to notice any difference, except maybe the noise. asymmetrical may be a bit quieter, but that's a generalisation.

i suspect the 87V spec tyre is ideal for the car.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

050 , bridgestone , potenza