156 Climate control problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 Climate control problems

Now then... I replaced the climate control module on the dash board with one I bought from the 'for sale' section of the forum. The original part had a broken driver's control and on opening it it was obvious the sensor on the pcb had been knocked off, so that part was a def bin job.
I replaced the whole module, a simple case of a few screws on the dash/ashtray/gear consule, unplug and then plug in new unit. So far so good.
On testing the display was fine, both controls did what they were supposed to, or so it seemed until the engine warmed up, and that is where the problems started. The AC only comes on when the controls are turned to lowest setting - works perfectly and gets dam cold (so AC system is working). Problem is that 16.5 deg and above produces warm air, even if the temp outside is 20C. The air direction is all wrong too, the cold air should come out the face vents on automatic and at the moment this warm air comes out the window vents.
So I did some reading and decided to disconnect the battery and wait an hour to try and reset the system. Unfortunately this made no odds. I then took the replacement module out, swaped the newer pcb board into the old module and tried again. Same deal. Either freezing cold to wrong vents or hot air...
So, does anyone know a way to reset this climate control? I noticed there is an access panel on the back with a pin conector which is obviously for upgrades or programme mods.
I would not like to part with much more money at this stage, the quote I had from an online company which claims to service the module was 165! Lordy... could be the replacement is the wrong one... came off a GTV, but it is identical as far as I know.
Any tips please? and thanks for reading this far

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , climate , control , problems