Had my first experience with Alfa service yesterday.
Booked the car in for four things:
1. touch up paint damage to drivers door as agreed when I purchased the car (second hand just over a month ago)
2. If they had time - repair a slight bit of damage I caused by scrapping a pebble dash wall with the car - otherwise I would repair it myself as it was only minor.
3. shuddering from passenger front wheel.
4. see if there is any problems with the brakes (turned out not to be a problem - my old man explained that it was just the ASAR kicking in).
So I went to collect the car -
1. scratch on door was daubed with paint and looks ****
2. bumper was resprayed - at cost of €190 (which I had previously agreed to)
3. no shuddering from brakes detected
So, the only thing they did do, was the least important, but it was worth cash to them.
When I asked about the wheel - the guy said that he hadn't checked it & took me for a drive in rush hour traffic and up a very poorly surfaced laneway. He couldn't feel the shuddering (which is very obvious at 80kph, but he couldn't get the car up to that speed in the ****ty lane) & told me to bring the car back in to him some other time.
I had serious problems getting to him in the first place & I wasn't given a courtesy car & was told that I couldn't have a lift because I worked too far away - about 3-4 miles.
Now I have to drive around with a dodgy wheel (probably a bearing gone) with no idea when I'll be able to get the car back to the garage - I have already taken time off work to bring the car to them & the people I work for aren't very accommodating with this sort of thing...