Hello - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-06-08 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I bought a 156 (2000MY) V6 about a month ago and am well pleased with owning my first Alfa. 2 things I like most: Fantasy Blue is like Sky Blue and changes shades, Alfa Cloverleaf style 3 hole 17" alloys look great!

I had the oil and filter changed, thanks guys for all the advise, it wasn't easy, but by raising the car and loosening the air con pipe bracket, you can access the filter from the bottom. I used 5w-40 SL Fuchs Fully Synthetic oil from GSF parts.

Couple of things you may be able to help with.
1) Engine's erratic (will not rev much beyond 4000rpm), tried without the air flow meter, it is defenitely better without. I have cleaned it (couldn't remove head as special screws are too tight to be removed with pliers. Do I need to reset the throttle? If so, how?

2) Suspension creaks - I believe it's all 4 corners. Also ride's pretty hard. Any advise?

Oh before I forget, seat belts are very sensitive and occasionally locks before being worn - it's a nightmare then as I have to unscrew the bolt at the seat to relax it.

Appreciate your advice....
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: Milano
Re: Hello

Moved to 156 Tech Lounge

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT