Window and Stereo questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Window and Stereo questions

The windows of my 04 GT keep breaking. I have had the window regulators in both doors replaced in the last 6 mths and the nearside has gone again. I even had to have the body computer replaced last time as it seemed it was blowing the regulators and would not take the newer software.

What is a regulator
Does anyone else have this problem
What can I do to stop it.

Also - I have the opportunity to buy a Bose stereo and amp. My car has the standard one. Is it worth it, how easy would the amp be to fit, would the wiring already be there and are the speakers in a bose stereo car upgraded as well.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

Re: Window and Stereo questions

seems odd, but i suppose it must happen to some cars.

the regulators are in each door, bottom corner. here's a photo (taken for other purposes):

there's some circuitry and a relay in there, controlling the window.

no idea why they would be blowing up on you. seems like bad luck. one thing to check though, is the voltage from the alternator when the engine is running. use a multimeter to measure the voltage; you can check at any place really, like at the battery terminals or an electric plug somewhere in the car. i guess it's possible the voltage regulator attached to the alternator is failing, resulting in excessively high voltage, which can in turn fry things. over 15V would be suspect.

BOSE is not easy to fit. requires a completely different wiring loom throughout the car. you are best to add aftermarket gear, which would be better quality anyway.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 06-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Re: Window and Stereo questions

Dude - as ever you are a mine of info.

Thanks. Aftermarket amp it is.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

questions , stereo , window