Re: 10 reasons why I shouldnt sell my 156 v6
OK, so I have a 156 V6 - nearly at the end of my first year of ownership and have had the timing belt done, and changed the suspension and brakes myself.... so my 2p worth is....
1) Car tax in the future! £480 a YEAR and set to increase! Mine is from 1998, so I am safe (for the minute....)
2) The noise! The noise man! Think about the noise!
3) The "other cars are reliable" myth. I had a 1998 Nissan Primera SRi that had terrible build quality, and with low miles still went wrong. ABS sensor? Million pounds please.
4) Pride! Do you really want to get up in the morning and climb into your Vauxhall?
5) With your V6 you get to meet all the staff at petrol stations and make new friends. A lot.
6) Damaging the enviroment is cool, and we all know it.
7) The tiny boot, with the seats that don't fold down. Wife want you to collect something from IKEA? Not in your 156 you are!
8) Playing "where will my tires wear next?". Place your bets... inside edge for no reason..... outside edge for no reason.... check pressures..... check tracking..... doesn't..... make.... sense......
9) Bored on a long journey? All the family can play "find the rattle". Is it the glove box? No. Is it the door trim? No. Hours of fun!
10) Annoying people in German saloons. My personal favourite.
Keep it, you have to!