@symonh2000: there was no hammering, done at the dealership, I was standing right next to the mechanic.
1. wheel bearing is ok, no movment, no knock, no humming when I spin the wheel. Did lift wheel off the ground.
2. jacked the car up and tried, all is well
3. Pushed the car up and down, no strange noises.
4. Unmounted the right droplink, tied it to the roll bar, stil same knocking. There seems to be absolutely no play in the droplinks and the roll bar
5. maximum movement of wishbone is 2~3mm, everything else is rock solid, I believe.
Did try to rotate wheel when in gear, only noise is transmission, no knock. Wheel is rotating less than 3 inches. Forgot to hold the shaft and rotate the wheel I am afraid.
Did try 4 engine mounts. Both front, not much play, top mount some play, but nothing serious I suppose. Bottom mount near exaust 5mm play when moved by hand, but no knocking. Car steers ok, but the noise is making me barking mad. It is getting worse.