Instrument Panel Lights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 23-05-08 Thread Starter
Instrument Panel Lights

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone knew if it were possible to change the colour of the lights in the instrument panel on my 2001 156. I'd like to change all of them, the speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge, clock and temp gauge.

If I were to buy some superbright red LED bulbs would it just be a case of fitting them in the right places behind the gauges, or would there be a colour filter behind them that would need to be replaced (if thats possible, I don't know).

If I don't get any responses I'll just go ahead and experiment, but any advice/instructions in the meantime would be useful!
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Oxfordshire
Re: Instrument Panel Lights

If it's the same as a 147 then the illumination on the dash is by surface mount leds so you can't change them.

AO Member
County: Essex
anyone tried the Blue LED dash kit from Ultimate Mods?

I'd replaced the heater bulbs with LED so ordered the dash kit to make the rest looks the same (blue), pity I hadn't done that in the first place as I've spare LED's for the heater panel now.

What I've found is that illumination of the dials is reasonably good though a little patchy/dim on the 10-o'clock region, but does give a nice blue. BUT, the needles are almost invisible in the dark, like a faint shadow. I guess that's the problem with blue illimunating red, you get no real colour reflecting, so it's hard to make out revs/speed etc.

Anyone else tried this and found a solution?

If not, I wonder if white LED kit would be better and be able to throw enough light to illuminate the needle adequately?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

instrument , lights , panel