Install Baby seats into a 147 5dr?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Install Baby seats into a 147 5dr??

Hi all,

my sister is coming over and bringing her 9 month old baby from NZ in a couple of weeks, and we're in the process of hiring a baby seat, but I can't seem to locate any info about or see anything that looks like the rear anchor points (or the place to screw one in) that they say they need. We assuming the baby seat will go in the middle rear position.

Does anyone know anything about this?? The manual talks about securing the seats in via the seatbelts, but I thought a rear anchor point was necessary?? My last little Hyundai had one just inside the rear hatch....

Cheers as always
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Install Baby seats into a 147 5dr??

The top hitch is actually and Aus/NZ ANSI requirement, the european cars generally dont have them, I know where it is on the 156 in Oz spec, but not the 147.

Our 147 is a Euro model so it it just the belts, the 159's all have the top tether point in all markets.

9 months is a crossover point though - is he pointing forward or back?

The forward facing ones are easier to fit in!
AO Silver Member
County: Abu Zaby

Member car:

Re: Install Baby seats into a 147 5dr??

Do 147s have Isofix fittings in them? My 2004 156 does and that's what we use. Definitely a safer fixing than any seat belt arrangement.

If you do have Isofix fittings (they'll be 2 small guage steel "loops" hidden in the crack between the seat back and the seat behind the rear belt attachments) then you can hire/buy an Isofix base unit and clip on chairs of various sizes from birth up to (I think) 2-3 years old. My wife loves Isofix as there's none of that hideous fiddling around with belts every time the seat comes out/goes in.

Of course Isofix may just be a European thang....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 5dr , baby , install , seats