title might be a bit misleading, as I did travel to the Ring but did not race.
We left London (7 cars; Porshe 968, BMW Z4 M, Renault Clio 182, Honda Integra, Vauxhall Astra 1.8, Alfa 147 1.6 (Me!)) at 1:30am on Saturday, and came back yesterday night.
My bella did not let me down, on the contrary I got a lot of praise for its performance (people thought I had 160hp instead of 120!), and I had NO ISSUES AT ALL! I only topped up a quarter of oil when I got to Germany.
I realy enjoyed this trip, and just though to share this positive experience with you. I am definately gonna go around the Ring next time! - sooooo pleased about my car.
A few asides:
1. My mileage passed 70k on this trip
2. Belgian drivers are terrible
3. Autobahn rules!!!
4. Germany has almost NO speed cameras, and absolutely NO speed bumps in towns (the ones I visited anyway)
5. we went to a huge club on Sunday night, 3 people, 20 double drinks, 27 Euros!!!! - can you believe it???? and there was no fights, no people vommitng all over the place, and when we left at 6 in the morning the place was still packed and the bars still serving - I think we have a lot to learn from the Germans!
6. I AM NOT SELLING MY ALFA!!!