AC operation button functions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
AC operation button functions

It may sound like a dumb question, but i just got my 156 and since i live in Thailand, manual, of cause is in Thai. Being a stupid lazy foreigner, i couldn't figure out all AC button functions and learning Thai just for this purpose is not an option.

Could you, please give me a hint what all these things do? i figured "MONO" button and how to adjust temperature, but buttons 7 and 14 do not make any sence to me yet. There are to LEDs on each, and i assume each represent a zone (driver/pass)? But what is a differene between those 2 displays?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ac.jpg (67.3 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Re: AC operation button functions

1 and 6 adjust the temp on respective sides and 2 and 5 show the temp you set.

3 adjusts the fan speed and 4 shows fan speed and direction of air flow. 8 allows you to adjust airflow through the various vents.

7 is the air recirculation button and has two lights on it - the right LED means it is in auto mode and the left LED shows if it is on or off - light on = air recirculating operating.

9 is the heated rear windows/mirrors.

10 is the windscreen demist/defrost button.

11 makes both driver/passenger side temps the same and both adjustable from the drivers side.

12 switches the air conditioning on/off.

13 is the air temp sensor.

14 puts the system in auto mode. Both LED's are on when in full auto mode, but the right LED goes off if you manually adjust something - like fan speed/air flow. The left LED goes out if you turn off the air con. Pressing the auto button will pu the system back into full auto mode and override any adjustments you have made.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 14-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Re: AC operation button functions

Lot of thanks, i tried setting up AC according to functions described and it really makes difference when AC set properly.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

button , functions , operation