GT Fuel Gauge Problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-05-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

GT Fuel Gauge Problem

I have a 2007 GT 1.9JTD - Filled it up with Diesel 67 worth and the gauge indicates about an eighth full. I did fill up with the engine running keeping the dogs cool inside with the air con. I have tried to reset the gauge on ignition on off still reads incorrectly. Anybody have any ideas whats gone wrong. Its an irritation that I will get sorted on the warranty but why is it playing up?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: GT Fuel Gauge Problem

Originally Posted by CDJEvans View Post
I did fill up with the engine running
Is that safe? Sounds a bit dodgy to me, but I could be wrong. And could it have contributed to the mis-reading fuel gauge? When I re-fill (engine off!) and then get back in and start up some sort of "check" beep takes place (it's not quite the same check as on normal start up - as if it knows I've refilled). So if you've had the engine running maybe it doesn't realise you've re-filled. Perhaps that "check" contributes to the computer checking the fuel level?

I'm waffling, and it doesn't sound very likely does it. But it might be worth releasing the fuel flap, closing it again, then re-starting the engine. Maybe it'll do the check and it'll get the right fuel level?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fuel , gauge , problem