To buy or not to buy a 147 in México City... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-08 Thread Starter
Help To buy or not to buy a 147 in México City...

Dear Alfa owners:

I spent 5 months in Milan in the past year and I ended up falling in love with Alfas, specially with the 147. Back in México I've been lookin for a good buy and apparently I found one.

It is a 2005 147 selespeed. I testdrove it the other day and I found two things I wonder about.

1 - When you go into or out of 2nd gear, either in city or in normal mode it makes a loud click noise (going up from 1 to 2, from 2 to 3 or back from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1) I tested all the way up to 5 I think and it is the only noisy change

2 - This is my first selespeed, I've only driven a BMW triptonic before (other than normal autos and sticks) but the changes were a little strange for me. Every time it switched up there was like a slight power loose, just to regain it a couple of seccons afterwards. I've been reading about how selespeed works and it is consistent with when you drive a stick and put on the clutch while still steping on the gas. I didn't tried to switch with out the gas on, I wonder if such behavior is normal.

Other than that, there is no current Alfa dealer in MX, there has been a switch and the company that used to sell them is out of business, they say FIAT will service them soon, and there is even talk about a manufacturing plant for the US market, but still, is it too bad that I can't get Alfa service for 2/3 months until this Fiat deal is done?

Also, I am not sure if the car comes with a manual, I don't know if any one knows of an online address in which I can see it, I speak fluent Spanish, English and I decently understand Italian.

One last thing, the odometer was blinking, I read that means a problem diagnosed by the computer. When turned on it reports that one of the lights is failing, I saw it and the seller promised to change it, and I don't see any other reports, can the odometer blink just because of the light or can it be for something else?

Sorry for the long post e grazie mille a tutti.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cordoba
Re: To buy or not to buy a 147 in México City...

Hola Alonso.
Te comento que aqui en Argentina paso lo mismo. Alfa Romeo antes dependia de Fiat y despues lo empezo a importar una concesionaria que importa Masserati, Ferrari, Ducati, etc. Ahora han dejado de importarlos nuevamente. Aqui los Alfa son llevados a talleres independientes o para diagnosticos a las Fiat. Yo acabo de comprar un 147 1.9JTD 2003 en U$19000. Si el auto fue bien tratado, te lo recomiendo ya que son excelentes, lejos mejores que Audi A3, ademas de mucho mas bellos. Suerte con tu compra!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , buy , city , mexico