Hi - new to the forum and brought here by some probs with my 147 that have stumped my garage and got me no further forward for my £400!
Basically the problems unfolded like this:-
- had a puncture, changed the rear o/s wheel and put the spacesaver on. Drove 60 miles on it to get home but staying below 55mph.
- took car to KwikFit to get the puncture repaired
- picked up car and a day later noticed that the ASR warning light would come on & then flicker on and off from about 35mph onwards.
- took car back to KwikFit to complain but couldn't prove any negligence/ damage
- noticed that not only does the ASR warning light come on & then flicker on and off from about 35mph onwards, but also that from about 40mph onwards the car's drive is noticeably affected (it feels like someone is braking slightly whilst you're accelerating!)
- the above all stop when I turn the ASR off
I took the car to my garage (a non dealer Alfa specialist) who, despite having my car for the last 2 weeks, can't work out what's wrong with it and have now just given it back to me with a bill for £400!!
They say that the system thinks the wheels are turning at 1.7mph at standstill! They changed the front wheel bearings and ABS sensors but this hasn't cured it. They also checked the connections to the ABS pump. No other errors are showing up on the system but the problem is still occurring!
Any comments would be much appreciated as I just can't afford to keep on throwing money at this endlessly...