147ti squeaky suspension - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-04-08 Thread Starter
147ti squeaky suspension

I am the proud new owner of an 06 model 147 TI Loving every minute of it, except...

There is a squeaking/rubbing noise coming from the front left suspension, it's very noticable at low speeds when going over bumps.

The mechanic who inspected the car for me at time of purchase suggested that it may be simply due to the car spending 6 weeks outside in the lot exposed to rain and damp, and it would resolve itself. However after a week of driving the noise is not going away.

After searching and reading other posts it seems that the problem may be with the bushings, but the car has only done 30,000 km (18,500 miles). Do they often wear out that quickly?

I tried using some silicon spray on the pivots of what I think is the wishbone (solid shaft from bottom to top of suspension). But no change to the noise. Where exactly on the suspension would you recommend spraying the silicon spray? Or is this problem only going to be solved by replacing parts?

Sponsored Links
County: Wiltshire
Re: 147ti squeaky suspension

I wouldn't recomment the magic spray on this prob, what we have here is worn out bushes on the lower arm and it's quicker and cheaper to repace the whole arm, the part you described is actually the shock absorber and is not the problem.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-08 Thread Starter
Re: 147ti squeaky suspension

Thanks for the info.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147ti , squeaky , suspension