brake judder - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 v6

brake judder

hi, i have a 156 2.5 i noticed today that when braking hard the car judders but at normal speeds and braking everything seems fine.i dont know if this is related but the clutch sometimes feels slightly stiff but then goes back to normal.
i have also noticed a rattle from the engine bay, appears to be somewhere on the drivers side but not from the engine

any ideas on this post will be most helpful as cambelt is due and i would like to know if any of the above is likely to be expensive before i proceed.thanks for looking.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Durham
Re: brake judder

brake judder is usually a warped disc or a worn track rod end.
rattles can be any number of things, you need to get your head in there and listen.
a clutch that is sometimes stiff can indicate a problem in the hydraulics, such as the slave cylinde ror mastet cylinder. usually the stiff periods are when it is working correctly, and when it is easier to press there is air in the system. if the brake fluid is dropping it suggest the clutch is leaking (slave cylinder usually)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

brake , judder