Orange engine warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Orange engine warning light

Drove home last night in heavy traffic and the temperture guage got up to three quarters.

Parked the car, went out later and an orange warning light of an engine stayed on (steady light not a flashing light). Turned it off and back on again and it still stayed there throughout my short journey.

Checked my oil and it was on the minimum. Topped it up and then turned it over again, and the light has gone now. drove it today and still no warning light.

Not sure if it was caused by it getting a bit hotter than usual or being low on oil or neither.

Any know why this warning light comes on.
Sponsored Links
County: Wiltshire
Re: Orange engine warning light

That would indeed be a warning for high engine temp (passing 102'C), the temperature is not right either and I'd check to see that your rad fan is working ok and I believe you have a 2 speed one on that, so let it get up to temp and make sure it speeds up when the temp goes over 93'C, if not then the relay is probably at fault.

You did the right thing topping the oil up as soon as... but now you must listen carefully for the next 500 miles for any new rattles or knocks, as these engines really suffer when starved of oil. If you don't have any by then then I'd say you got away with it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , light , orange , warning