GT - Wind noise / minor niggles - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

GT - Wind noise / minor niggles

I've had my 06 GT 1.9JTDm (my first Alfa) for 3 weeks now and loving every minute.

I have had a couple of minor problems and I am hoping that you guys could advise me on one.

Since picking her up, I've noticed a fair amount of wind noise from the drivers door and reading this forum has lead me to believe that this is fairly common. Whereas the passenger window fits tightly against the top rubber, it is possible to push the very tip of your finger against the top of the driver's window where it meets the rubber and feel the top edge of the glass. I have already had a couple of problems with this window not rising as it should do on closing the door but have solved the problem by utilising the open/hold/close/hold reset method as mentioned several times in this forum. It isn't a massive problem - it isn't letting in water (at the moment anyway!) and I don't really notice the noise until about 40 mph, and only then if the radio isn't cranked up. I have read threads where dealers have had a go at resolving these door-sealing issues and made matters worse, so I am weary to say the least. Is it the door seal at fault or can the window be made to go a little higher? Is it something I can do, or is it a service matter and worth the hassle anyway? Any advice would be much appreciated and valued.

Incidentally, another more annoying problem was the repeated reporting of a 'fog light failure'. I had this several times a day until last week when, after following advice on here, I took out the foglamp and holder, lifted the lamp centre contact with a small screwdriver, squashed-in the surrounding outer contact a little, replaced the lamp and reassembled. Bingo!!! no more annoying bleeps on the way to work. Thanks for that one
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

Re: GT - Wind noise / minor niggles

could be the seal or could be the window, hard to say.

does the edge of the window line up nicely with the B-pillar of the car? compare with other side. or does the window stick out a bit? does the door shut completely, flush with the rear quarter panel? if it seems ok, then seems to be the rubber seal. otherwise the window or door is out of alignment.

you might be able to squish and reposition it by hand a bit, not sure, but have a go, to reseat it properly. you may be able to make the seal swell a tiny bit using some silicone spray, like Armorall. though unlikely to make a big difference.

if it's under warranty still, then you may be able to claim a new seal.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey
AO Member

Member car:

AR GT>Juke>Brera

Re: GT - Wind noise / minor niggles

Fello alfisti I can only sympathise with you. I have the same problem and had the car a few times to the dealership to have the wind noise resolved. The door has been adjusted, window tightened so it fits closer to the rubber and seal replaced but the problem persists. funnily this problem does not occur if I am sat on the passenger side. I have to live with it I guess with the music a smidge louder. good luck if you find a solution and let me know if the problem is resolved.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

minor , niggles , noise , wind