GT with suspected rear suspension issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
GT with suspected rear suspension issue

Hi all,

Just joined the forum as this morning I bought a 2004 GT 1.9JTDM, 47000 miles, decent price. Not my first Alfa, had 156 from new, then a new Audi but had to get another Alfa and I aint buying new again.

I noticed during the test drive, and whilst collecting the car, that there might be an issue with the rear suspension (the price was good and the car has full history so I was prepared to take a gamble and spend a bit of cash to fix it).

The rear end makes a noise over bumps which I cannot describe any other way than the noise of a turkey gobble (don't laugh). The car is also nervous, feels like the rear end is hopping when the road surface is poor.

Any clues to point me in the right direction - I am guessing bushes. Don't mind getting my hands dirty to fix the problem and have a full day tomorrow to start to investigate.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

Re: GT with suspected rear suspension issue

could be loose trim (wheel arch splash guard) or bushes or ARB or bearings or something else.

but maybe have it hoisted up at a workshop for inspection, and get a good wheel alignment done.

also replace the dampers for new, quality ones, like Bilstein B6 or KONI Sport or KONI FSD.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

issue , rear , suspected , suspension