Re: 156 Sele Back on Road after Recon Engine
I am going to bring this bloody thread to a resounding halt as it seems to be running away with itself and even, dare I say it, becoming a catalyst for some unwarranted mud slinging in Italautos direction!!
For the last time, here is what happened and where we are now:-
1. My car went to Tony for a refurb engine after a cam belt disaster last summer
2. The car had been standing in the open for around 7 months before I got it delivered to Tony
3. When Tony called me to let me know the car was ready, he informed me that the diagnostics check had revealed a MAF fault and that he could replace it for me or I could do it myself. Because it was an easy fix, I drove the car away and sorted the MAF myself.
4. The MAF replacement did not sort the rough running issues and I, regrettably now, sought some advice/guidance from this forum instead of being patient and speaking with Tony on Monday morning.
5. When I took the car back to Tony on Monday, a diagnostics check still indicated the MAF was faulty. Tony removed a MAF from another 2.0TS car and put it in mine....still the same fault on diagnostics.
6. Tony kept the car overnight and replaced the manifold and seal along with a solenoid which has finally sorted the problem.
I collected the car an hour ago and it drove beautifully on the trip home.
Tony has been 100% honourable and has got my beloved 156 back on the road and at a very reasonable price of around £1700.00 which included a full recon engine/new clutch/front lower wishbone/selespeed pipe and re-pressurise/MOT.
To the people who have joined this thread and used my comments as ammunition against Tony I want to say that your comments were uncalled for and unhelpful. To those who genuinely wanted to help and were interested in the right outcome instead of point scoring....you have my thanks.
In future I will use this forum to view topics but will be very careful if and when I post a thread as doing so in this instance has left a very bad taste in the mouth!!