147 (16") Tyre Choice And Wear - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

147 (16") Tyre Choice And Wear

Am in need of some new tyres very soon and just wondered what you guys are fitting right now, I currently have Continental Sport Contacts fitted which have lasted about 25K, the fronts are down to about 2mm and the rears about 4mm, oddly though the offside rear has worn more on its outer edge, I would say the the outer 1/3rd of the tyre is probably down to 2mm.. had the car checked and all seems ok???

I really like the conties as they grip well in the wet and in the dry, look good and have rim protectors, I would concider another tyre choice though so what you got on yours and what do you think of them.. cheers all..
Sponsored Links
Re: 147 (16") Tyre Choice And Wear

Yep, thats what I have on mine...I am on my third set approaching 75k (25k a year) and I'd never try anything else as I am so happy with them - as you say they grip very very well in the wet and dry and also last a long time.
They are no longer made now, so you'll have to go with Sport Contacts 2 which are essentially the same with just a different tread pattern.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 16 , choice , tyre , wear