Roof Bar / Rack Fitting Instructions - Anyone have PRETTY PLEASE. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

916 Spider V6

Roof Bar / Rack Fitting Instructions - Anyone have PRETTY PLEASE.

Just acquired a very good set of Alfa roof bars to fit a 156, the ones for cars without the factory fitted roof rails.

Any how now they have arrived, they look too wide for the vehicle, does anyone have a set of fitting instructios they can email to me so that I can work out how they actually fit. There appears to be a grat deal of adjustment on them but need the instructions to make sure I fit properly and avoid the rips and tearstothe door rubbers that I have seen as issues in previous postings....have the allen key and the locking end plate key BTW.

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0 TS

Re: Roof Bar / Rack Fitting Instructions - Anyone have PRETTY PLEASE.

Are they the ones with the alfa badge on the end caps and a hole that locates over a nodule under the door rubbers? if so, they're not width adjustable. The allen bolt just tightens up the fitting once they're on, and the end cap fits on and locks. if the saloon version is anything to go by then one will be narrower than the other, the narrower one at the rear. They're a pain to locate on the nodules, though, so be careful not to chip off some paint on the nodules (i did ) I also put some protective sticky foam under the bit that touches the roof as it didn't look like there was much protection under there.

Member car:

156 SW

Re: Roof Bar / Rack Fitting Instructions - Anyone have PRETTY PLEASE.

andy, how did you get on? did you get instructions? I bought an alfa spotwagon and it was supposed to come with roof rails but they sent them on seperately, no nuts or bolts to affix it either.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bar , fitting , instructions , pretty , rack , roof