Arghhh.....immobiliser Issues! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 23-03-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 147

Looky Looky Arghhh.....immobiliser Issues!

Hello, for some reason it has been a while since my 2002 alfa 147 had any major problems until recently its beginning to think im trying to steal it.
Three mornings ago i went to start it and the car would crank but not start sighting an immobilizer error or something.....then i tried another key and it started. The next morning non of the keys would start the car and i was on the phone to the dealer trying to get the thing started when it miraculously started. Anyways i brought the car to my dealer and got them to have a look at it and they pinned it on a faulty key which i was told not to use....and hence havent...but the third morning i tried to start her she would crank but not start!.......but when i tried it many hours later after work it would start!.....

has anyone had any similar issues or have any idea of whats going on?

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Arghhh.....immobiliser Issues!

Sounds like an intermittent fault on the connections to the code box. Follow the wire from the aerial around the ignition switch (thin black wire) to the code box mounted up near the fuse box, under the dash. With a fiddle you can unplug both the connectors - they are different sizes so you can't mix 'em up - try plugging and unplugging them several times to clean up the connections, and with luck it may cure your problems....

Good luck.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 17-04-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 147

Hmmm Re: alfa hates mornings!

thanks for ur help rgmw......i tried it but it aint that lol
the alfa dealer put it down to an ignition aerial which was replaced but the problem still occurs.....although it only dosent wanna start at about 8:30 in the morning when i need to go to work...more often on cold mornings....(it must like a sleep in)....if i start it, it cranks but wont start....i hear a high pitched electrical sound from the car and if i give it 10 - 20 minutes.....the car decides to start.

Arghh any ideas guys?
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Re: Arghhh.....immobiliser Issues!

You might just have a failing battery. Try swapping out the battery for a good one (or buy a new one) and see if that cures it.
Funny things happen to Alfas when the battery starts to go...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

arghhhimmobiliser , issues