We're new to Alfa and the 147, and enjoying the ride so far.
The car (1.6TS Lusso 5dr 53-plate) seems pretty healthy for its 53,000 miles, with no marks inside or out, regularly serviced, cambelt done, etc etc.
There are a couple of small niggles which I would like to run past you.
1. The gear lever is somewhat floppy - wherever the lever is placed - although the actual gear selection is positive and slick enough;
2. The rear wiper works but the rear wash does not, although you can hear the pump going;
3. Road noise from the rear is annoying. Seems to be road surface related, so tyres appear the likely culprit (fairly worn Goodyear NCT's rear, less worn Hankooks front);
4. Offside headlamp glass steams up whenever it is wet/rainy;
5. Still got a slight low-speed rumble (I think from the rear), despite new bearing. You can actually feel it through the chassis.
I have studied this forum for possible answers and reached the following conclusions or tried the following remedies:
1. May need either the gearbox gear selector plate renewing, or joints lubricating, or likely both.
2. To be investigated - could simply be blocked jets.
3. Have changed tyres front to rear to see if this helps. To be concluded.
4. Tried making sure the rear access cover is on properly, which I believe it is, but the **** thing still steams up.
5. Stuck for ideas at present. Could be O/S bearing I suppose (N/S just renewed).
Anyone got any ideas please?