keys - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Re: keys

Originally Posted by Smaky View Post
Has someone turned the alarm off with the round key?
No round key on a 147/156. Different to the key system on the 145/146/155..
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

new key price is around £120 (varies by Dealer)
service cost of connecting car to computer and coding keys is £40 even though it takes 2 mins!

*if you need the dealer route of re-setting your car to the key(1 key with buttons) you will also need to fork up £10 for a code card!
this code card is not supplied with Alfa's sold in the uk.

if you go dealer route it would cost you £50 just to have the car ECU reprogrammed to accept your key again. or £170 if you buy a second key!
shocking rip off, but all manufacturers charge this much.
**there is a risk this process may not even work as the fault could be elsewhere thus wasting you £50!

and i didnt think 01 onward 147's had an old key?
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Originally Posted by belle4 View Post
Im a woman so always searching for things at the bottom of my bag and always droppin my keys
We men drop keys as well ... but usually don't have the bags to content with ... just pockets!

I usually get out of the car with a big bunch of keys, at least two mobile and other assorted paraphernalia ... sometimes a bag would be useful ...
AO Member

Member car:

Originally Posted by Alfa Vincent View Post
Do they glue them? Both of mine opened fine once I had removed the screw under the Alfa badge.

Also, what range problems did you have - I seem to have to get closer and closer to my car at the moment to get it to open!

Sorry to hijack your thread belle - hope you get yours sorted soon!
Mine were certainly glued Vincent, I also removed the screw, but had a nightmare trying to open around the edges, ended up just cutting it with a blade then glued it back to together... At the time I asked about it on the forum and other people had the same issue, although others did say that their keys weren't glued so it looks like some are and some are not.

re: range problems - Basically mine worked fine from 30-40 feet away but gradually that reduced over time until I was standing over the windscreen right next to the receiver before it would open!! I just stopped using the RCL for now. I have a hunch that a new battery will help this issue, since lots of my electronics have gone wonky lately. I measured the voltage across my battery with engine off and it's reading 12.1v, which I reckon is too low.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT